After watching the BTN episode on Preferential Voting have a go at answering these questions as a blog post on your blog.
1. After watching the BtN Preferential Voting story, explain how preferential voting works to another student.
2. For a political candidate to win their seat in an election they need to…
a. Win half the votes
b. Win half the votes plus one
c. Win 100% of the votes
3. What is the official name for someone that counts the votes in an election?
4. Not every country uses preferential voting. Can you name one?
5. Why are the advantages of a preferential voting system?
6. Why do minor parties prefer the preferential voting system?
7. What is the purpose of a “how to vote card”?
8. What is a polling booth?
9. Have you ever had to vote for someone or something? What was the process?
10. Can you name the three major Australian political parties? Who are their leaders?